Why is mobile network visualization a challenge?
With networks growing in size, age and complexity, there is a crucial need to be able to understand how they’re performing and exactly where subscriber experience is at either its best or its worst. But getting the data needed to paint this picture is where the real challenge begins. All departments suffer from a lack of information sharing which restricts the flow of crucial network data to those who need it. In our experience, internal requests for network intelligence can take weeks if not months to fulfil, meaning real-time insight into the current state of networks becomes increasingly difficult to achieve.
Operators have always received mobile network performance data but their needs in recent times have evolved to the point they require much more intricate and geo-located data interaction in order to carry out their strategic directives. Whether it’s to efficiently migrate to new technologies, identifying strategies to improve subscriber experience, analysing past and historical fault/works impacts, or any number of other network visualisation use cases, being able to quickly identify where to act is a huge boost for their agility.
What mobile network visualization solutions do we offer?
At Ayscom we not only rely on the experience of our network monitoring specialists but also on the experience of our partner Metricell, a leader in mobile network visualization solutions.
Metricell’s interfaces provide a web-based visualisation of network performance within crucial contexts such as network intelligence, customer experience, management reporting and engineering. By removing network data from its respective departmental silos, centralising and processing it via our powerful cloud platform, it can then allow for highly-targeted insight into any areas of interest.
These are in use by operators around the world for a variety of use cases including strategic analysis in both a micro and macro context, insight into roaming details, coverage holes, usage data and much more. It can also offer full integration with any network or 3rd party data such as fault alarms, trouble tickets and Ookla data.
Benefits of our solutions
- Ensure the performance of the network, applications and services.
- Improve the efficiency of operation groups through simplified workflows with multi-level and contextualized analyses.
- Create metrics and manage service level agreements (SLAs).
- Support decisions based on capacity and service availability information.
- React immediately and proactively to falls, degradations or anomalies through the generation of alerts.
Evaluate the impact of incidents and give appropriate priority.
- Monitor quality regularly and automatically.
- Analyze the behavior of your users.
- Have real-time information available at the same time as executive information on temporary aggregates.
- Segment and identify the degradation of the communications line.
- Analyze the information and detect the root cause quickly. Reduce the time taken to act on incidents (MTTR).